Don’t kill yourself and all other creatures on planet earth
Today mankind is not killing himself, but all other creatures such as animals and plants. Newspapers and internet sites are flooded with the news of globalization and pollution. In our daily life, we encountered with different images of poisoned fish, trapped tortoise and various species are on the verge of extinction.
Air pollution: the release of chemicals and particulates into the atmosphere. Common gaseouspollutants include carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide, chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and nitrogen oxides produced by industry and motor vehicles.
12 serious effects of pollution on the earth
1. In the world’s ocean, more than 6 billion of kilograms of waste material are dumped into it. Most of the waste material includes plastic bags, which is a toxic substance for the marine life.
2. A separate continent is made from the plastic material known as “Great Pacific Garbage Patch.” This patch is equal to the size of the US.
3. Most of the soil pollution is caused by the landfills. 80% items buried in the landfills cannot be recycled.
4. By 2030, the pollution caused by vehicles will be double. According to official reports, more than 500 million cars will ran on the road.
5. Due to the protection of Antarctic Treaty, Antarctica is the only clean place in the world. The treaty prohibits nuclear explosions, military activities and mineral mining.
6. With highest air pollution, China is the most polluted country in the world. Breathing air in the Beijing increases the chance of lung cancer.
7. In India, 80% of urban waste is dumped into the most sacred river Ganga. Nowadays, the river is also the spot where Indians bury their deceased family members.
8. Lake Karachay in Russia is the dumping site of radioactive waste. It would be fatal for human if he/she spends just an hour in the lake.