I do not trust people who sat they do not have a sweet tooth. But anyways, the fact is that most of us do! But baking can be a little confusing for beginners.
How about baking in a mug? A simple chocolate cake recipe, enough for 1 person and surely more than enough to satisfy your sweet cravings!
Here is its recipe:
All you need for MUG CAKE :
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour (Maida).
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- A sharp knife
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate sauce
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Some whipped cream (optional)
- In a mug, add the flour and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Now add the baking powder.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together except for the sugar.
- Add oil and milk to the dry ingredients.
- Put in the powdered sugar and mix well until you get a smooth batter.
- Add a few drops of vanilla essence and mix. You can replace vanilla essence with almond essence as well.
- Your batter should only fill half the mug and not any more.
- Put the mug in the microwave and let the batter cook for 2 minutes.
- Get the mug out of the microwave. Insert a toothpick right in the centre of the mug cake and if it comes out clean then your mug cake is done! If not, then put it back for a few more seconds.
- Let the cake cool down.
- Using the knife, remove some cake from the centre of the mug to make a hollow space.
- Pour some chocolate sauce into the cavity. Top up with whipped cream and place in the refrigerator for some more time.
You can prepare any cake in a mug with the right ingredients. For a simple vanilla cake, skip the cocoa powder.
More recipe healthy dietMore Recipe from India