Every makeup look seems to be incomplete without a primer. In case you are a beginner, a primer is applied before foundation in order to give a smooth look. Different primers serve different purposes. You can use pore minimizing ones, hydrating ones or even colour correcting ones.
The one I purchased is known as the L’Oreal Paris Base Magique transforming smooth primer. Here is my honest review on it:
WHAT DOES THE BRAND CLAIM ABOUT THE PRIMER?
Create the perfect base for your makeup routine! The L’Oreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer instantly smooths pores and creates an even surface, so that you get a more flawless make-up result that lasts. The silky, lightweight formula glides onto skin and minimises the prominence of pores and fine lines to transform your skin surface.
- Thanks to a high concentration of elastomers, this Smoothing Primer gives skin an incredibly even surface with fine lines and pores erased.
- The formula also contains soft powders to help absorb sebum, thereby mattifying the skin to reduce shine.
- Smooth to touch and with a silk-like feel, silicon oil enables easy-gliding application with no greasy residue.
- Base Magique will guarantee a more perfect and longer-lasting make-up experience every time.
How to use product
Dab onto skin gently. Spread evenly over the entire face for a perfect, workable base.
- The packaging is very good. It feels expensive!
- There is no particular fragrance which is good thing.
- The colour of the primer is slightly pink.
- When I applied it to the face, it provided a very healthy glow.
- Now, this primer is very thick so you will only need a tiny amount for your entire face.
- Since it is quite thick, it fills in the pores very nicely.
- My pores looked blurred and the skin seemed healthier.
- It makes the foundation go on very smoothly as well.
- It kept my face matte for at least 3-4 hours.
- I find that it also allows the foundation to stick to the face and hence there is less caking of foundation. Your skin will look very even. However, the primer alone does not make the makeup last longer. The beautiful finish lasts for at least 4 hours but your natural oil will definitely come through.
WILL I REPURCHASE