Oatmeal is made of hulled oat granule groups that have been soiled, steel-cut, or sway. Ground oats are also known as white oats whereas steel cut oats are known as uncouth oatmeal or you can say Irish oatmeal or pinhead oats. Sway oats can be either broad or slender and may be old fast or immediate. The expression of it is also used in the U.S., Australia, and in some parts of Canada. The other word for Oatmeal is oat porridge that is either made from ground oats, steel cut oats, or rolled oats.
What is an oatmeal bath?
The oatmeal bath contains an ingredient called colloidal oatmeal, which is recognised for its capability to ease itching. When it is disseminated in water, this powder forms a comforting milky bath that works as a natural cleanser and provides temporary skin protection. It’s not only a natural cleanser but also helps in relieving irritation and itching, which is caused due to hives, insect nibble, eczema, venom ivy, oak and sumac. It also helps appease itchiness, suntan and chickenpox.
Oatmeal bath is considered to the best medicine for your health and skin, here are some of its benefits you should definitely consider:
- Helps in curing general skin problems: Facing skin problems? An easy way to solve your skin problem is here you can make an oatmeal soup or an oatmeal scrub or you can use any pricey commercial oatmeal skin products as they are available and can tackle your skin problems. The other Alternately you can try to cure your skin problem is that grind two tablespoons of oatmeal into a powder in a blender, after that add one teaspoon of baking soda in it and enough water to make a thick paste. Spread that paste on a clean and dry face and after 10 minutes rinse off your face. Before trying this pack do a patch test first because your skin might be sensitive to the baking soda.
- Acne: If you’re a teenager and facing acne problems and trying the temporary solution for curing it, don’t waste your time over these temporary things rather try things that have a permanent solution to it and oatmeal has the perfect cure for it. According to live strong foundation that mainly focuses on oatmeal remedy suggest that eat oatmeal by cooling it first as oatmeal helps in absorbing and removing oil and all the bacteria from the skin and also helps in exfoliating dead skin cells.
- Exhaustion: If your skin ailing than oatmeal doesn’t show any effect as it is not good for weak skin. To rejuvenate your skin you can make a face pack according to your skin. All you need to do is mix ½ cup of hot water with 1/3 cup of oatmeal and stir it for 2-3 minutes and after that add two tablespoons each of plain yogurt and honey and add one white egg in it. Spread it on your face firmly and then relax for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, rinse off your face to get good results.
- Poison ivy or chicken pox: Try an oatmeal bath to prevent poison ivy, chicken pox or even a suntan. All you need to do is grind oats or oat flour into a fine powder and then pour it into cheesecloth or an old piece of pantyhose. Bind it around the bathtub faucet and draw an apathetic bath, regularly squeezing the water into the tub. If you want, you can rub the pouch straight on the itchy skin.
- Low stamina: Major studies have even shown that oats have really helped fuel muscles during a workout as many people prefer oatmeal. So eat oats before a workout as well as after a workout to gain good results. And oatmeal bath can also help in building up your stamina.
Oatmeal is not just a basic breakfast but also used to treat the itchy, inflamed and sensitive skin while restoring moisture and essential materials because of its soothing properties which oatmeal includes. It is considered to be the best remedy for all the skin problems.