RICE WATER SKIN CARE ROUTINE!
If you don’t know already, rice water is a very popular ingredient in most Korean beauty products. Rice water is extremely easy to make has immense benefits for the skin in the long run.
What tempted me to try out this skin care routine is that the fact that i noticed most Korean products having rice water in them.
Here is how you can make your own rice water:
You will need:
- 1 cup of rice (preferably organic)
- 2 cups of water
- Clean the rice by rinsing it thoroughly under running water.
- Now, in a bowl, soak the rice in 2 cups of water.
- Cover the bowl and allow the rice to soak for 4-5 hours.
- Strain out the water. The water should look white and cloudy.
How to use rice water can be used in multiple ways!
You can use it as a toner for your skin.
Some people also like to wash their face with rice water instead of normal water.
But I would recommend using it as a toner so that it can stay on your skin for a longer time.
How does rice water help?
- is extremely beneficial for oily skin. It helps to tighten the pores and reduce sebum production.
- can be very effective for people with acne as it helps to soothe inflammation and redness. It can also help with acne scarring. In general, rice water helps to soothe irritated skin and can also be used on sunburns.
- helps to brighten the skin complexion and reduces dullness. Its regular use imparts a certain healthy glow to the face.
- It helps to balance out the pH level of the facial skin and therefore reduces breakouts.
- You can use rice flour for added benefits as well.
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons of rice flour
- 1 tablespoon of orange peel powder.
- 5 tablespoons of rose water.
Mix all the ingredients together and apply on the face to remove dullness and sun tan instantly!